With the advanced technology applications, increased business competition and changing expectations from clients, engaged workforce and various stakeholders; the need for operational performance and productivity improvement is must for business sustainability and continuity.
The operation performance and productivity improvement efforts and abilities to deliver responsive services, cheaper products and right the first time are the differentiating factors that each and every management of an organization, be it the public or the private sector, is applying and developing relentlessly.
How do such organization identify and quantify its operational improvements? How to get its workforce on board and willing to improve their workplace productivity for the better? And how would the management execute their plan of action and measure the various benefits?
Therefore, if the business or the organization needs the improvement tools, the effective operation performance project management, the relevant productivity framework, the workforce engagement techniques and those skills development to address those operation performance and productivity improvement questions in a practical way to deliver sustainable and timely approach then this is the workshop for your organization and learning.
At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
• Lead and quantify operational performance improvements
• Apply Lean Management System
• Establish the improved operation performance management processes
• Deliver what the expectations of those internal and external customers
• Drive and coordinate a change management initiative
• Engage the workforce on board and sustain the improvement initiatives
• Establish Operation Performance and Productivity Improvement initiatives through:
➢ Lead teams on an ongoing journey of improvement initiatives
➢ Facilitate problem solving and process improvement teams
➢ Coach teams in the use of effective and relevant performance improvement tools
➢ Integrate practices and solutions for the workforce to solve operational problems
➢ Align measure with corporate goals
➢ Create workforce learning opportunities that optimize work processes
➢ Institutionalize improvement projects that result in operational benefits and productivity improvement
Day 1 – Operation Performance Productivity Improvement Drivers & Enablers
• Organization’s Performance Improvement Challenges & Expectations
• Plan, Policy Deployment and Process Management – Operation Performance & Productivity Improvement
• Best-in-Class Productivity Improvement Benchmarking – Lean Management System & Organization Practices Alignment
• Operation Performance and Productivity Measures and Data Management
• Improvement Tools Application
Day 2 – Workforce and Stakeholders Engagement
• Improvement Programs Development – such as TQM, JIT, CTR, TPM, QFD, Lean, 5S & 6-Sigma introduction
• Communication and Workforce/ Project Team Mobilization
• Problem-Solving and QC Circles Process Facilitation
• Customer Quality Review & External Suppliers Engagement Programs
• Change Management, Operation Performance & Productivity Training and Development
Who Should Attend?
• Business Owners
• Operations and Production Management
• Productivity and Service Improvement Champions
• Engineersing and Supervisory Professionals
MBA (Int’l Business, CSU-Sacramento, US), MSc.(HRM, Leicester University, UK), BBA(Sales & Marketing, LaTrobe, Australia), PMI(US), MSID(S’pore), 6-Sigma Black-Belt, Institute of Internal Auditor(IIA, Singapore) Member, Post-Grad. Dip. In Digital Business (MIT-Sloan, CBS, US), Executive Dip. In Directorship (SMU-SID, Singapore), Registered Management Consultant (IMCS, Singapore accreditation by Enterprise Singapore)
William Toh with a broad regional work experience of over 30-year (including the U.S. and China), having served as a Quality System Review assessor during his tenure with Motorola and also as a General Electric Transactional 6-Sigma Improvement Black-Belt Business Manager in the past. His subject matter expertise background is also well recognized for his extensive hands-on experiences in suppliers partnership management, human capital development and business integration through change management, total quality management and project management abilities that leverage on organizational development needs and growth translated through his deliverables for customized organizational programs, future-ready people capabilities and capacities outcomes, demonstrated organizational excellence and business improvement practices, effective cost management, timely policy deployment, effective organizational resource and project management.