The COVID-19 situation in Cambodia remains out of control, as the Ministry of Health today confirmed 624 new cases, all linked to the February 20 community event.
Despite the lockdown and curfew, Phnom Penh still reported the highest number of new patients, with 465 tested positive for the coronavirus yesterday.
They including 458 Cambodians and 7 Chinese nationals. This brings the capital’s total infections to 4,911
The rest of the new cases are found in the following provinces:
– 10 cases in Takeo (all Cambodians), bringing total to 57
– 144 cases in Sihanoukville (142 Cambodians and 2 Chinese), bringing total to 811
– 1 case in Kampong Cham (a 26-year-old Cambodian man), bringing total to 11
– 1 case in Pursat (a 24-year-old Cambodian man), bringing total to 10
– 3 cases in Svay Rieng (a 26-year-old Cambodian woman and two Cambodian men, age 28 and 41), bringing total to 314
(All total numbers for provincial infections are unofficial tally)
The Health Ministry also reported that 48 patients were released from the treatment facilities after testing negative twice for the virus, increasing the country’s total number of recoveries to 2,524.